The goal of this series is to provide a brief list of the top news stories each month for the energy and commodities trading and risk management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s top sources, spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
Here’s What Happened in February:
- Obama vetoes Keystone XL pipeline, leaving it in limbo
- EU Carbon Rises to Two-Year High After Lawmakers Draft Fix Plan
- Kurd Oil Producers Resort to $30 Sales as Export Income Stalled
- India Signs Nuclear Energy Pact With Sri Lanka, Countering China’s Sway
- OPEC Said Not to Plan Emergency Meeting Amid Oil Price Drop
- United States to Provide Air Quality Data Overseas
- Obama Aide Furman Says Oil Cost Drop Offsets Slowdown Abroad
- Egypt Aims for LNG Import Independence by 2020
- U.S. Oil Rig Count Drops Below 1,000 for First Time Since June 2011
- The European Commission Unveils Its Energy Union Plan
Tune in next month for another edition of Pioneer Solutions’ Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management news!
About Pioneer Solutions
Pioneer Solutions is a global provider of next generation CTRM, ETRM, environmental management and financial and regulatory compliance solutions. Offering the latest in business processing capabilities with a modern data structure, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for STP workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.