The goal of this series is to provide a brief list of the top news stories each month for the energy and commodities trading and risk management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s top sources, spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
Here’s What Happened in June:
- Supreme Court: EPA erred in rule on toxic emissions from power plants
- Few Echo Pope’s Environment Plea in Sunday Sermons
- Obama’s $4bn clean-energy initiative: a big number hiding a bigger idea
- The World Is Facing Its Longest Oil Glut in at Least Three Decades
- European Markets Mixed on Greece Default Concerns
- Brazil Plans to Ease Oil Company Fines for Buy-Brazil Breaches
- Can it Get Worse for Spain’s Solar Policy? It Just Did
- Egypt Looks to Offshore Efforts to Shore Up Gas Need
- Desperate Venezuela 4: Oil Market Impact Of Unrest
- Biomimicry Could Lead To Solar Cells That Store Energy For Several Weeks, New Study Says
Tune in next month for another edition of Pioneer Solutions’ Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management news!
Pioneer Solutions is a global provider of next generation CTRM, ETRM, environmental management and financial and regulatory compliance solutions. Offering the latest in business processing capabilities with a modern data structure, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for STP workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.